Atlantic Canada Transload Services
Container service to and from the ports
Armour has invested in the facilities, equipment and personnel to serve the Halifax port with a full range of services
Our terminal in Halifax, Nova Scotia was designed to serve port activities. The 250,000 sq. ft. facility sits on a 45 acre yard that allows ample room for container storage. We have a container stacker on site to load and offload containers within our extensive chassis fleet. Officially designated as an inland container pier, we are able to work with any type of ocean container both dry and temperature controlled, standard and high cube and offer container stuffing and destuffing.
Our bonded sufferance warehouse features 54 doors on our cross dock facility and another 49 doors on our logistics building. We serve both Halifax piers (Halterm and Ceres) and customers realize immediate cost savings by moving their containers from the more expensive port storage facilities.
Transload services allow for more cost-effective furtherance throughout North America
Our transload program allows for transfer of goods to our highway trailers or intermodal containers for furtherance throughout Atlantic Canada or to other points in Canada, the USA and Mexico. More features include:
- Daily container services including container stuffing, de-stuffing and preparation services
- Extensive fleet of company-owned container chassis
- Ability to handle any type of ocean container (20’ Standard, 40’ Standard, 40’ High Cube, 45’ Standard, 48’ Standard, 48’ High Cube, 53’ Standard and 53’ High Cube both dry and temperature controlled via steamship genset)
- Wide range of equipment to service any type of product needing to be transloaded (pallet inverter, slip sheet machine, box clamp, roll clamp, barrel clamp and able to palletize from dead stack)
- Dartmouth terminal is strategically located in a very close proximity to six 100 series highways (located in the Halifax Gateway Logistics Park)
- Tenured staff that has decades of experience in customer relations in regards to port activity
- Gates provide 24/7 secured access to our facility and has a maintenance centre on site
- Armour has an additional 50,000 square feet of logistics warehousing outside of our main facility which also includes rail siding capability
- We have mirrored capabilities at our Moncton, NB facilities